Do Self-Employed Nail Technicians need insurance?

Get a Quote

As a nail technician, the kind of filing you’re most experienced at is on your customers’ nails. Whether it’s painting or polishing, buffing or shining, paperwork is often the furthest thing from your mind. However, getting your house in order on the insurance front is just as important as providing that perfect manicure.

Insurance for nail technicians will protect you and your business from any unforeseen mishaps and provide you with the peace of mind to carry on with what you do best.

When it comes to insurance for nail technicians, there are a number of different kinds of cover you need to look out for.


Treatment risk

Putting smiles in customers’ face is just as important as what you put on their nails. A happy customer is your best advertisement but what happens when someone hasn’t had such a good experience? Treatment risk is an essential part of insurance for anyone working in the hair and beauty industry. It protects you for claims made against you by clients who feel that their treatment has caused them some form of injury, illness, damage or loss. The claim must be directly related to the professional services they have received.


Public liability insurance

This is a less specific form of cover than treatments risk but equally important. It covers you for claims made against you by clients or members of the public who have been injured, taken ill or had their property damaged as a result of your working practices. This can include incidents which happen on your business premises, at client’s home or at another location.


Products liability insurance

If you use or supply products to a third party as part of your work as a nail technician, you could be liable for any adverse effects it causes. Given that nail technicians can often work with potentially toxic liquids, it’s good to know you will be protected if a product is found to be faulty or hazardous.


Employers liability insurance

If you have anyone working for you, then you are legally obliged to have employer’s liability insurance. Even if you only have one employee or employ part-time workers, you must have this cover in place.


Buildings & contents

If you work from a fixed premises, you may need to take out buildings and contents cover. If you rent a unit and your landlord has their own buildings insurance, you will still need to have contents cover to protect your own possessions.

Are you protecting your business?

As one of the industry leaders in insurance for the salons and hair and beauty sector, we learned a thing or two about what makes a great insurance policy. But don't just take our word for it — design your own unique policy online and find out what we can do for you.
Get A Quote
Next post >

Our Reviews

4.9 / 5 Based on 210 Reviews

Very quick and simple to do! So happy everything is covered with no fuss! Thank you! x

1 week ago

A really quick and easy service to use,would highly recommend.

on Feb 5th

Absolute love the idea I can pay monthly for my insurance! Thank you x

on Jan 25th
This website is intended for customers based in the UK and is therefore subject to the UK regulatory regime(s) © Copyright 2022 Salon Saver | Salon Saver and Henry Seymour & Co. are trading names of Barkdene Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 303965) for our insurance distribution and credit broking activities. Barkdene Limited is a credit broker not a lender. You can check this on the Financial Services register
Registered in England No 1842617. Registered Office – Chancery House, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, Surrey, SM1 1JB. All rights reserved.
Redirecting you to Salon Gold, our sister website for salons, hair and beauty professionals.
Get a Quote